Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mickey Rourke talks Sin City 2

I must've missed the news that Sin City 2 is tentatively scheduled to start filming early next year (finally!), but Mickey Rourke talks about his character Marv and his chances of returning to play the role:
"It depends," he smiled, "It depends on how bad they want me. You feel me?"

Some time ago, Rourke had noted his reluctance to re-approach a part with such heavy make-up.

"I did [like the character]," he reiterated today, "but I'm claustrophobic, so the the hours of makeup -- You have to keep it on for about 13 or 14 hours a day. It's latex and glue and that stuff that gets my eyes all red..."

Rourke, who is famous for his candid interview comments, also recalled an anecdote from the first film's production that reminds him of another reason to resist prosthetics.

"I remember I picked up some chick at a bar in Texas one night and invited her to the set to have lunch at the lunch break," he grinned. "I couldn't take the s--t off. F--k it, I never saw her again!"
First of all, if you're a man of Rourke's stature and you're claustrophobic... really?  Take a damn Valium or something and suck it up.  Second of all, if you're a man of Rourke's celebrity and you're complaining about losing a girl... really?  Get another one!  And clearly "it depends" really means "it depends on how much money they give me," and I say give it to him.  He played Marv perfectly and I can't see anyone else fill those mitts.

More at ComingSoon

No comments:

Post a Comment