Tuesday, September 4, 2012

25

Today I turn a quarter of a century old! It's my birthday, in other words. Last year I brought you a list of people I shared a birthday with, and this year I figured I'd give a list of events that happend on September 4th during some year in history.

  • 476 - The Western Roman Empire comes to an end, after Romulus Augustulus is deposed.
  • 1666 - The most destructive damage from the Great Fire in London.
  • 1781 - Los Angeles, California is founded by 44 Spanish settlers.
  • 1886 - After nearly 30 years of war, Apache chief Geronimo surrenders to General Nelson Miles.
  • 1888 - George Eastman registers the "Kodak" trademark and patents a camera that uses a roll of film.
  • 1950 - Darlington Raceway hold the first 500 mile NASCAR race: The Southern 500.
  • 1957 - The Ford Edsel debuts.
  • 1972 - US Swimmer Mark Spitz wins 7 Gold medals at the Munich games.
  • 1985 - The discovery of Buckminsterfullerene, the first fullerene molecule of carbon.
  • 1987 - I was born!!!
  • 1998 - Google is founded.
Full list at Wikipedia!

No comments:

Post a Comment