Friday, April 11, 2014

Confirmed: Stephen Colbert to take over The Late Show

The report that I posted about earlier in the week has turned out to be true. Stephen Colbert will replace David Letterman on The Late Show sometime in 2015. Congrats!

From The Wrap:
The “Colbert Report” host signs a five-year deal with CBS, where he will take over late night gig in 2015
Stephen Colbert will take over as the new host of “Late Show,” the network said Thursday.
The comedian and political satirist will take on his new duties after David Letterman retires next year. His hire injects a younger and edgier quality into the show, at a time when late night rivals such as NBC's Jimmy Fallon and ABC's Jimmy Kimmel are actively courting the YouTube and social media set.
“I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me,” Colbert said in a statement. “Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth.”
Colbert inked a five-year deal with CBS, according to the network. Specific creative elements, as well as the producers and the location for the Colbert-hosted ”Late Show,” have yet to be determined and will be announced at a later date, CBS said.

No comments:

Post a Comment