Saturday, September 15, 2018

2018 NFL Picks Week 2

Week 1 is in the books, and I did pretty well considering the first week of any NFL season can be a clusterfuck for lack of a better word. No game epitomizes this more than the Steelers and Browns game resulting in a tie. That's so Cleveland. I finished 10-5-1 straight up, and 9-6-1 against the spread. Not too bad for my first time.

I won't be recapping losses this year, because I don't have the time or care to do so. I will highlight some games as I see fit, as well as go over the upset picks. In that department I actually fared better against the spread, correctly picking 4 of 6 games. I was 2 of 3 straight up. New Orleans decided not to play defense against Tampa Bay, thus I start the season 0-1 in Picks of the Week.

Houston came close to beating the spread against New England, but fell a half point short. Denver beat Seattle, but the 3 point win resulted in a push with the spread. Green Bay came back to beat Chicago, but Chicago covered the 7 point spread in the 4 point loss.

On to the picks for Week 2, in which I am already down 0-1:

Thursday, 8:30pm
Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (BAL -1)
Sunday, 1pm
Indianapolis Colts at Washington Redskins (IND +6)
Carolina Panthers at Atlanta PanthersFalcons (CAR +6)
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers (GB -1)
Los Angeles Chargers at Buffalo Bills (LAC -7)
Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans (HOU -3)
Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers (KC +5)
Miami Dolphins at New York Jets (NYJ - 2.5)
Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (PHI -3)
Cleveland Browns at New Orleans Saints (CLE +9.5)
Sunday, 4pm
Arizona Cardinals at *Los Angeles Rams* (LAR -13)
Detroit Lions at San Francisco 49ers (DET +6)
New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars (NE -1.5)
Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos (DEN -6.5)
Sunday, 8:20pm
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (DAL -3)
Monday, 8:15pm
Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears (CHI -3)

Picks as of 9/15 9:45pm

Since I'm doing both straight up and picks against the spread, I will format the weekly results as I have in the past, with my record against the spread in [brackets]:

Previous Results
Week 1: 10-5-1 (66.7%) [9-6-1 (60%)]

No comments:

Post a Comment