Thursday, September 18, 2014

2014 NFL Picks Week 3

Really wish I changed my "Pick of the Week" for week 2 once the Adrian Peterson news came out, but unfortunately I didn't (it would have been New England). That being said, I still expected New Orleans to defeat Cleveland. There were plenty of other surprises last week though, as I managed to finish at 9-7. Overall I am 20-12 after 2 weeks, good for 62.5% correct. Let's see where I went wrong:

I already mentioned my Pick of the Week, and 4 of my remaining 6 losses were upsets. Those included Buffalo over Miami, San Diego over Seattle (which nobody in their right mind had winning), beat up St. Louis over Tampa Bay, and Chicago coming back to beat San Francisco. I also didn't start the week off great, as I incorrectly picked Pittsburgh to upset Baltimore (though who expected them to play that badly?). My final loss was also an incorrect upset pick, this time being wrong for picking Detroit over Carolina. 2-2 in upset picks (5-3 overall) and 1-1 overall for Picks of the Week. Last week before the byes start, so I'm hoping to get some wins in. There's some damn tough games to pick though:

Thursday, 8:30pm
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons
Sunday, 1pm
Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints
Indianapolis Colts at Jacksonville Jaguars
San Diego Chargers at Buffalo Bills
Dallas Cowboys at St. Louis Rams**
Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals
Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles
Houston Texans at New York Giants
Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns
Oakland Raiders at *New England Patriots*
Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions
Sunday, 4pm/4:25pm
San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos at Seattle Seahawks
Kansas City Chiefs at  Miami Dolphins
Sunday, 8:30pm
Pittsburgh Steelers at Carolina Panthers
Monday, 8:30pm
Chicago Bears at New York Jets

*Pick of the Week*

upset picks as of 9/18 12:00pm

**No favorite

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Season: 20-12 (62.5%)

No comments:

Post a Comment