Thursday, September 25, 2014

2014 NFL Picks Week 4

And so begins the bye weeks! There won't be 16 games a week until much later in the season now, so each pick is weighted more from week to week. I fared pretty well last week, finishing at 11-5 and bringing my overall to nearly 65%. I was 2 for 3 in upset picks, bringing my season total to 7 for 11 (about 64%). Statistically I'm picking upsets just as correctly as the rest of my picks, so I can't really get too mad at that. If anything, I should be picking more upsets; but that is the nature of picking NFL games. Correctly picked New England to beat Oakland for my Pick of the Week, though barely. 2-1 in that department. Before my Week 4 picks, let's go over where I went wrong last week.

Houston looked to be doing pretty well so far this season, so I felt a win against the winless NY Giants was inevitable. WRONG. Green Bay looked great last week, and Detroit looked terrible so naturally Detroit shut down Green Bay for the win. I have no idea what is wrong with San Francisco, but they fell apart on the road against Arizona. Miami looked great week 1, but has yet to play anywhere close to that level the last 2 weeks; meanwhile Kansas City looked awful the first 2 weeks but beat Miami with no problem. In pretty much the same fashion, Pittsburgh took care of Carolina convincingly. Onward to Week 4!

Thursday, 8:30pm
New York Giants at Washington Redskins
Sunday, 1pm
Miami Dolphins at Oakland Raiders
Detroit Lions at New York Jets
Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears
Buffalo Bills at Houston Texans
Carolina Panthers at Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, 4pm/4:25pm
Jacksonville Jaguars at *San Diego Chargers*
Atlanta Falcons at Minnesota Vikings
Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers
Sunday, 830pm
New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys
Monday, 830pm
New England Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

*Pick of the Week*

upset picks as of 9/25 11:00am

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 11-5
Season: 31-17 (64.6%)

No comments:

Post a Comment