Thursday, September 28, 2017

2017 NFL Picks Week 4

As expected, I had a bit of a drop off from my 14-2 performance Week 2, but I still finished Week 3 above .500 at 9-7 (more than doubling my loss total in the process). I only had one upset pick (Indianapolis) but they won to bring my season total to 7-1. New England prevailed over Houston as my Pick of the Week, as I start 3-0.

I knew it would be a tough week picking games when I discovered there were a whopping 11 road favorites of the 16 games. Ending up with only one upset of those had me second guessing my picks, but I just couldn't bring myself to pick home upsets for Jacksonville, Chicago, New York Jets, and Buffalo. The other picks were basically toss-ups (Minnesota, Washington), but at the end of the week only 4 road favorites won their games.

I mentioned most of my 7 losses above, but for completion: Baltimore got smoked in London against Jacksonville, Pittsburgh lost to Chicago, Miami lost to the Jets somehow (ditto for Denver vs Buffalo), Carolina lost a home game to New Orleans, Tampa Bay couldn't beat Minnesota without Bradford, and Oakland just didn't show up at Washington.

Still a lot of question marks with most teams, but hopefully the picks will be easier in Week 4:

Thursday, 8:30pm
Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers
Sunday, 9:30am (London)
New Orleans at Miami Dolphins
Sunday, 1pm
Carolina Panthers at New England Patriots
Los Angeles Rams at Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings
Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars at New York Jets
Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills at *Atlanta Falcons*
Sunday, 4pm
New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Philadelphia Eagles at Los Angeles Chargers
San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals
Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
Sunday, 8:30pm
Indianapolis Colts at Seattle Seahawks
Monday, 8:30pm
Washington Redskins at Kansas City Chiefs

*Pick of the Week*

upset pick as of 9/28, 5:30pm

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-4
Week 2: 14-2
Week 3: 9-7
Season: 34-13 (72.3%)

No comments:

Post a Comment