Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One reason I don't like the Yankees

You gotta be kidding me.  I'm sure we've all faked something in our lives, but when you're a professional athlete you should have some respect for the game and pride in how you play it.  I'm also sure every team has their moments, but it seems as if the New York Yankees have more of those moments.  Derek Jeter faked getting hit by a pitch last season (or maybe the season before) and last night Yankee Dewayne Wise faked what would have been a great diving catch into the stands.  The worst part is what Wise said after the game: "What was I supposed to do, run back to left field? I saw him looking at my glove so I just got up, put my head down and ran off the field."  Yes Dewayne, you were supposed to run back to the field.  Check out the video below, from USAToday.  Shame on the umpire, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment