Saturday, August 4, 2012

11 Alcoholic Drinks, Ranked By Hangover Severity

I haven't featured a list from 11 Points recently, but due to my affinity for alcohol I figured like this list would be a good one to feature.  Here's "11 Alcoholic Drinks, Ranked By Hangover Severity". Be sure to click the link for commentary, and be aware that Tequila was omitted. But we all know where that would land on the list.

11. Grain alcohol
10. Vodka
9. Gin
8. White wine
7. Beer
6. Champagne

View the rest of the list after the jump!
5. Whisky
4. Rum
3. Red wine
2. High-sugar drinks
1. Brandy

Now while I think "high-sugar drinks" is a bit of a cop-out answer, I totally agree.  It makes perfect sense if you look at the top 4 drinks on the list, as they all have high sugar content.  I've always said red wine gives the worst hangovers (especially Carlo Rossi) and you can usually feel the headache before you even get to bed. Mike's Hard/Twisted Teas/Smirnoff Ice all give bad hangovers too, but they would fall in the category of #2.  Surprised to see vodka so high on the list, since I can't say I've had too many "good" hangovers after drinking vodka drinks... but not too many people drink just vodka.  I love rum, and usually don't have bad hangovers from that thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment