Thursday, October 12, 2017

2017 NFL Picks Week 6

I knew it wouldn't be easy picking in Week 5, but I was hoping to do better than 6-8. Lot's of interesting games, as most of the teams still seem to be finding their identities more that a quarter into the season. Regardless, I saw my overall percentage drop from ~70% to 65% with that mark. I really didn't feel comfortable with any team as my PotW, but the Eagles proved me right with the largest margin of victory (27) over Arizona. I am 4-1 for Picks of the Week. I fared worse in upset picks, only correctly picking 2 of 5 (Seattle, Green Bay) to bring my season record to 12-6.

6 of my 8 losses were by 6 points or less, and for that matter 5 of my 6 wins were by 8 points or less. Incorrect picks were Tampa Bay as home underdogs over New England, the winless Giants at home against the (then) winless Los Angeles Chargers, Buffalo (upset pick) over Cincinnati, Cleveland (home underdogs) over the New York Jets, Pittsburgh getting smoked by Jacksonville at home, Tennessee over Miami, Detroit at home against Carolina, and Oakland over Baltimore.

Week 6 begins with an excellent Thursday matchup of two 4-1 NFC teams:

Thursday, 8:30pm
Philadelphia Eagles at Carolina Panthers
Sunday, 1pm
Cleveland Browns at Houston Texans
New England Patriots at New York Jets
Miami Dolphins at Atlanta Falcons
Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears at Baltimore Ravens
San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins
Sunday, 4pm
Los Angeles Rams at Jacksonville Jaguars
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Arizona Cardinals
Pittsburgh Steelers at Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders (no line)
Sunday, 8:30pm
New York Giants at *Denver Broncos*
Monday, 8:30pm
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans (no line)

Byes: Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Cowboys, Seattle Seahawks

upset picks as of 10/12, 6:15pm

*Pick of the Week*

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-4
Week 2: 14-2
Week 3: 9-7
Week 4: 10-6
Week 5: 6-8
Season: 50-27 (65%)

No comments:

Post a Comment