Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thoughts on the Miller Lite Punch Top Can

Alright so Miller Lite recently came out with their "Punch Top Can" if you didn't know. It's another marketing gimmick for sure, but does it work?

I've had a few (or more) of the new cans tonight and can give a decent review now. First off, yes the punch top works. It definitely makes the beer flow smoother while drinking it, and eliminates that "gurgle" you get from drinking a regular canned beer. It does what it's supposed to do. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it will make chugging a beer much easier. As for taste? It doesn't change a thing. If you like Miller Lite, drink it. If you don't, this gimmick shouldn't persuade you.

Oh, and the punch top isn't that easy to open. It takes a decent amount of pressure to open it (I used a key and a bottle opener). Also, don't open it before you open the regular opening. Bad news.

The end.


2 comments:

  1. "I've had a few (or more) of the new cans tonight ..." "I haven't tried it yet..."<-- What? Disclaimer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously taking two parts of the post out of context would make it seem contradictory. Read it again; I haven't tried to chug a beer yet. I drank a few normally, however.

    ReplyDelete