Thursday, October 3, 2013

2013 NFL Picks Week 5

Well, another crappy week. This is harder than I thought, I guess. Finished last week slightly better than Week 3, at 8-7; it still dropped my overall by another 3%. Let's see if there's a reason why, or if I'm just bad at this!

I thought Houston would hold the Seahawks down at home, but they blew a huge lead. I don't know why I pick Tampa Bay; their defense holds Arizona to 13 points yet they still lose at home. Lost a bit of a toss up between Chicago and Detroit, as I went with the slight upset. Cincinnati lost to Cleveland, which I'm sure is surprising to others besides myself. Completely surprised by Baltimore losing to Buffalo, further proof of the Super Bowl Hangover. San Diego surprised again, as Dallas disappointed again. Lastly, Atlanta just isn't looking good this year as they lost a home game to New England by 7. Also, glad I changed my pick for the Redskins/Raiders game, and I managed to correctly predict an Eagles lost (haha). 1 for 3 in upset picks.

Hopefully I can turn things around this week, so let's get to the picks:

Thursday, 8:25pm
Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns
Sunday, 1pm
Seattle Seahawks at Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs at Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers
Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants
Baltimore Ravens at Miami Dolphins
Jacksonville Jaguars at St. Louis Rams
New England Patriots at Cincinnati Bengals
New Orleans Saints at Chicago Bears*
Sunday, 4pm
Carolina Panthers at Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos at Dallas Cowboys
Sunday, 8:30pm
Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers
Sunday, 11:35pm
San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders
Monday, 8:30pm
New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons

*No favorite
Upset picks as of 2:30pm Thursday 10/3

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 11-5
Week 3: 7-9
Week 4: 8-7
Season: 37-26 (57%)

No comments:

Post a Comment