Thursday, November 14, 2013

2013 NFL Picks Week 11

I sincerely hope nobody took my advice on picks last week, as I failed miserably and finished 6-8. It was only my second week finishing below .500 (Week 3 was the other) but it did drop my season average by 1.5% down to 56.5%. Let's see where I messed up:

It was the second week in a row that I failed to correctly pick the Thursday night game, as Washington blew a lead against Minnesota. Baltimore AND Cincinnati are both becoming hard to pick, as they both seem to underachieve when least expected, but then play well the next week. In this case Baltimore had the better game, which was unfortunate for me. St. Louis shocked Indianapolis, destroying them by 30. I'm sorry, but nobody picked that to happen. Jacksonville and Tampa Bay both got their first wins on the season in close games against Tennessee and Miami; I picked both to lose again as I'm sure many did. I was happy to incorrectly pick the Eagles, as they easily took care of Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers. San Francisco failed to score a TD against Carolina, and lost a 1 point game. Houston lost a toss-up with Arizona to round up the week (also my only upset pick of the week).

I really need a good Week 11, so we'll see what's in store:

Thursday, 8:25pm
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
Sunday, 1pm
Detroit Lions at Pittsburgh Steelers
Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles
San Diego Chargers at Miami Dolphins
Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans
Arizona Cardinals at Jacksonville Jaguars
Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers*
Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens at Chicago Bears
New York Jets* at Buffalo Bills
Sunday, 4pm
Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers* at New York Giants
Sunday, 8:30pm
Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos
Monday, 8:30pm
New England Patriots* at Carolina Panthers

*upset picks as of 11:30am Thursday 11/14

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 11-5
Week 3: 7-9
Week 4: 8-7
Week 5: 8-6
Week 6: 9-6
Week 7: 8-7
Week 8: 9-4
Week 9: 7-6
Week 10: 6-8
Season: 84-63 (56.5%)

No comments:

Post a Comment