Thursday, October 23, 2014

2014 NFL Picks Week 8

Compared to last week, this week was a let down at 11-4. Realistically I'm not going to go 13-1-1 every week, so 11-4 is pretty good if you ask me. After finishing 5-8 week 4, I have at least 11 correct picks in each of the last 3 weeks with a 35-9-1 record. That's good for 78%, and has helped in raising my overall percentage to 67%. I had no upset picks last week, but did correctly choose the winner (barely) for my pick of the week. I remain at an even 9-9 in upset picks and improve to 6-1 for picks of the week. Let's look at where I went wrong before picking Week 8's games.

I can't figure Cleveland out this year, as they look good at times but then lose to (previously) winless Jacksonville. Even if I had picked upsets I would not have picked Jacksonville, nor would I have picked St. Louis to beat Seattle. I highly doubt anybody had that game correctly picked. Chicago can't seem to win at home, and fell flat against Miami. Finally, Kansas City upset San Diego on the road, but that wasn't a huge surprise in my opinion.

Thursday, 8:30pm
San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos
Sunday, 1pm
Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens** at Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins at Jacksonville Jaguars
St. Louis Rams at Kansas City Chiefs
Minnesota Vikings at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seattle Seahawks at Carolina Panthers
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets
Chicago Bears at New England Patriots
Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans
Sunday, 4/4:25pm
Philadelphia Eagles at Arizona Cardinals
Oakland Raiders at Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday, 8:30pm
Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Saints
Monday, 8:30pm
Washington Redskins at *Dallas Cowboys*

Byes
New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers

*Pick of the Week*

upset picks as of 10/23 1:30pm

**no favorite

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 11-5
Week 4: 5-8
Week 5: 11-4
Week 6: 13-1-1
Week 7: 11-4
Season: 71-34-1 (67%)

No comments:

Post a Comment