Thursday, October 30, 2014

2014 NFL Picks Week 9

So-so picking during Week 9, as I finished at 9-6. A lot of games came down to the wire, as you'll see below. My overall percent dropped every so slightly to 66.7% (down from 67%). I had 4 upset picks last week, and was successful on only 1, bringing my season total to 10-12. As an Eagles fan I was happy to see my Pick of the Week, Dallas, lose to Washington. I knew I should have stayed away from a division game, but alas I am 6-2 overall for POTW.

Like I said, I incorrectly picked several games that were decided in the last minutes or even seconds of the game. This included Baltimore losing to Cincinnati by 3, Tampa Bay losing by 6 to Minnesota in OT, Seattle beating Carolina by 4, Philadelphia (unfortunately) falling to Arizona by 4, and finally Washington upsetting Dallas by a field goal in OT. The only other loss for me was the Green Bay/New Orleans game, which kept the Saints in the division race. Let's see if Week 9 has any easier games to pick:

Thursday, 8:30pm
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers
Sunday, 1pm
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Cleveland Browns
New York Jets at Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers at Miami Dolphins
Arizona Cardinals at Dallas Cowboys
Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings**
Jacksonville Jaguars at *Cincinnati Bengals*
Philadelphia Eagles at Houston Texans
Sunday, 4/4:25pm
St. Louis Rams at San Francisco 49ers
Denver Broncos at New England Patriots
Oakland Raiders at Seattle Seahawks
Sunday, 8:30pm
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
Monday, 8:30pm
Indianapolis Colts at New York Giants

Byes
Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans

*Pick of the Week*

upset picks as of 10/30 7pm

**no favorite

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 11-5
Week 4: 5-8
Week 5: 11-4
Week 6: 13-1-1
Week 7: 11-4
Week 8: 9-6
Season: 80-40-1 (66.7%)

No comments:

Post a Comment