Thursday, December 4, 2014

2014 NFL Picks Week 14

I maintained the status quo last week, going 11-5 and keeping my overall percentage at 68%. I barely won my Pick of the Week (Miami), but improved to 11-2 on the year. I managed to win my only upset pick (Philadelphia wasn't favored for some reason) and am back to .500 on the year at 15-15. Keep in mind I finished last year at 22.5% picking upsets, so I'm faring far better this year. Lastly, I misspoke last week when I said I needed 50 correct picks from the remaining 64 games to reach 70% on the year; turns out I was a week off! NOW there are 64 games left in the regular season, and I will need 49 wins to reach that goal.

I ended up picking 2 of 3 Thanksgiving games correctly, as San Francisco failed to show up at home against Seattle. Baltimore also lost at home, but San Diego needed a last minute come back to win. The New York Giants gave Jacksonville their 2nd win of the year, after blowing a 21-0 lead. Pittsburgh only lost by 3 at home to New Orleans, but the game was never that close. Side note: can I just not pick those teams anymore? They're next to impossible to predict! Lastly, Arizona was unable to beat Atlanta on the road but still maintain the #1 seed.

Thursday, 8:30pm
Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears
Sunday, 1pm
St. Louis Rams at Washington Redskins
New York Giants at Tennessee Titans**
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars
Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions
New York Jets at Minnesota Vikings
Indianapolis Colts at Cleveland Browns
Baltimore Ravens at Miami Dolphins
Sunday, 4/4:25pm
Buffalo Bills at Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs** at Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks at Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers at Oakland Raiders
Sunday, 8:30pm
New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers
Monday, 8:30pm
Atlanta Falcons at *Green Bay Packers*

*Pick of the Week*

upset pick as of 12/4 6:00pm

**no favorite

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 11-5
Week 4: 5-8
Week 5: 11-4
Week 6: 13-1-1
Week 7: 11-4
Week 8: 9-6
Week 9: 10-3
Week 10: 9-4
Week 11: 8-6
Week 12: 12-3
Week 13: 11-5
Season: 130-61 (68%)

No comments:

Post a Comment