Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 NFL Picks Week 17

And so we've reached the final week of the 2014 regular season. I ended up with an OK record for Week 16, finishing 10-6 due to a lot of non-competitive games. I would need to be perfect this week to reach my goal of 70% for the season, so I don't think that's going to happen. I did fare well for upset picks however, going 2 for 3 to bring my season total to 19 and 16. Unless I go crazy and pick 4 incorrect upsets this week, I will finish at .500 or better for the season. That's a vast improvement from last year, when I was terrible. I correctly picked Green Bay for my Pick of the Week, and improved to 14-2 for the season.

Well, there were 2 games I lost this week because I really wanted the Eagles to make the playoffs. The first was Philadelphia losing to Washington at home, which was just painful to watch. The second was picking Indianapolis (who had nothing to play for) to beat Dallas on the road. Oops. I was truly surprised that Baltimore could not beat Houston, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well Houston has played this year to stay in the playoff race. Other losses included St. Louis at home against the New York Giants, Buffalo at Oakland, and Denver at Cincinnati. On to Week 17!

Sunday, 1pm
Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins
San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs
Philadelphia Eagles** at New York Giants
Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jacksonville Jaguars at *Houston Texans*
Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens
New York Jets at Miami Dolphins
Sunday, 4:25pm
Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers
St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks
Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers
Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons
Sunday, 8:30pm
Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers

*Pick of the Week*
upset picks as of 12/28 12:00pm

**no favorite

Previous Results
Week 1: 11-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 11-5
Week 4: 5-8
Week 5: 11-4
Week 6: 13-1-1
Week 7: 11-4
Week 8: 9-6
Week 9: 10-3
Week 10: 9-4
Week 11: 8-6
Week 12: 12-3
Week 13: 11-5
Week 14: 9-7
Week 15: 14-2
Week 16: 10-6
Season: 163-76 (68%)

No comments:

Post a Comment